What is Roulette?
A roulette table will consist of a roulette wheel, a roulette ball and a betting area, for inside and outside bets. The idea is to predict the slot number where the ball would land, once the roulette wheel stops spinning. Depending on the bet being an ‘inside bet’ or an ‘outside bet’, the payout differs.
Through this guide, you will know everything you need to play roulette at JeetWin.
JeetWin uses European Roulette, which has numbers from 0 to 36, and hence, 37 slots. First, the player needs to buy roulette chips to place the bet. The minimum amount to buy a chip is Rs. 10, and the maximum amount to buy a single chip is Rs. 5000.Once all the bets are placed, with different colored chips used to distinguish different players, the croupier spins the wheel, and rolls the ball in the opposite direction. Once the ball lands in a slot, the losing bets are collected, and the croupier pays out the winnings.
There are different terms a player must familiarize themselves with before playing roulette.
Croupier – The dealer that talks you through the game and assists in conducting the game.
Inside bet – An inside bet refers to the bets placed inside the numbered grid of the betting area. This can be on a single number, two numbers, three numbers, four numbers or can be six numbered bets.
Outside bet – Outside bets are the bets placed outside the numbered grid on the table. These bets include groups of numbers, such as bets on low numbers (1 – 18) or high numbers (19 – 36), column bets, the dozen bet which covers 12 numbers, the red or black bet which predicts the color of the slot, and the even or odd bet which predicts the even or odd nature of the number.
Placing Roulette Bets
The bets are placed on the roulette table, and can be on one, two or up to 18 numbers, the black or red colors of the numbers, or whether the number will be even or odd, or if the number would be small (1 – 18) or big (19 – 36). The bets are placed once the croupier says, “Place your bets, please”. A player has the time to place their bets until they hear a bell, after which no more bets can be placed. Multiple bets are also possible, with a player betting on multiple numbers on the numbered grid.
The table minimum at JeetWin is INR 20 per spin. There are limits for inside and outside bets as well, with the minimum inside bet being INR 20. The minimum outside bet is Rs. 100. Similarly, there are inside and outside maximums – the maximum amount a player can bet inside and outside the numbered grid. The table maximum is Rs. 5,000, while the inside and outside maximums significantly differ, based on the nature of the bet.
The payout amounts differ based on the bet.
- An even or odd bet has a 1:1 payout. That is, you essentially double the amount you bet if you win.
- A red or black bet (Color bet) has the same 1:1 payout.
- Similarly, Lows (1-18) or Highs (19-36) number bet has 1:1 payout.
- Column bets and dozen bets, which cover 12 numbers on the table, have a 2:1 payout. That is, if you’ve placed a INR 20 bets, you would make a profit of INR 40.
- 6 numbers (6 line) bet has a payout of 5:1.
- 4 numbers (Square) bet has payout of 8:1.
- 3 numbers (Street) bet has payout of 11:1.
- 2 numbers (split) bet has payout of 17:1.
- 1 number (Straight) bet including Zero has payout of 35:1
- For Odd/Even, Red/Black and lows/highs the min betting amount is INR 100 and max are INR 5000.
- For column bets and dozen bets the min bet amount is INR 100 and max are INR 2400.
- 6 numbers bet has min bet amount of INR 20 and max of INR 1200.
- 4 numbers bet has min bet amount of INR 20 and max of INR 800.
- 3 numbers bet has min bet amount of INR 20 and max of INR 600.
- 2 numbers bet has min bet amount of INR 20 and max of INR 400.
- 1 number bet has min bet amount of INR 20 and max of INR 200.
That said, you now have all the information you need to play roulette at JeetWin! We hope you enjoy the game and play responsibly.