What is baccarat?
In Baccarat, the dealer basically deals cards to two sides- Player and Banker and if you bet on the winning side, you win a certain amount based on which side you placed your bets on.
In baccarat, bets can be placed mainly on 3 sides -Player, Banker, or Tie. Apart from these, you can also place bet on P-Pair and B-Pair. A P-Pair is when the Player hand gets a pair and a B-Pair is when the Banker hand gets a pair.
Card Values in Baccarat
In Baccarat, each card has a value assigned to it. The value of an Ace is one, the value of cards from two to nine are worth as it is; but the ten and face cards are worth zero.
The hand value is the sum of the cards in a hand. So, if Banker has 5 and a King, the hand value will be: 5+0 which equals 5.
When the hand value reaches a double digit, only the digit in the right side is taken.
A hand consisting of 6 and 7would be 13 but by dropping the left digit, the hand value becomes 3.
Winning in Baccarat
The maximum hand value in Baccarat is 9 so the hand score that is closest to 9 wins the round.
Payout amounts in Baccarat
The payout for a player bet is 1:1, From every bet of RS 1,000 you make, you will win RS 1,000, and the payout for a Banker bet is 1:0.95, From every bet of RS 1,000 you make, you will win RS 950. Banker bets have a lower casino advantage so, Casino keeps 5% commission.
Payout from a tie is usually 1:9. So if you place a bet of RS 1,000 on tie and the game results in a tie, you win RS 9,000 from your bet.
Similarly, the payouts on the two special bets- P-Pair and B-Pair is usually 1:11.
Rule for Third Card
In Baccarat, both Banker and Player are dealt two cards starting from Player. In some cases, a third card is needed to determine the outcome of the game. The following are the rules for dealing a third card:
If the Player has a hand value of 0 to 5 he must draw a third card
If the Player has a hand value of 6 or 7 he must stand, meaning he does not draw a third card.
If the Player has a hand value of 8 or 9 that’s called a natural and both hands stand.
The bankers hand receives a third card according to the following rules:
If the Banker has a hand value of 0 to 2 he draws a third card
If the Banker has a hand value of 3 to 6 he draws a third card or stands depending on the third card of the Player hand.
If the banker has a hand value of 7 he stands.
If the banker has a hand value of 8 or 9 that’s called a natural and both hands stand.
Now let us look at some game plays to understand better.
- You visit your favorite online casino Jeetwin.com and decide to play Baccarat. You join our live baccarat table and place a bet of RS 200 on Player, cards are dealt, and Player receives 3 and 5 for a hand value of 8; Banker receives 4 and 3 for a hand value of 7. Player wins the round and you get RS 200 plus your bet amount of RS 200.
- You place a bet of RS 1,000 on Banker, cards are dealt, and Player receives king and 6 for a hand value of 6; Banker receives 8 and 9 for a hand value of 7. Both Player and banker stands because of their hand values. Banker wins the round and you get RS 950 along with your bet amount of RS 1,000.
- You place a bet of RS 2,000 on Player. Cards are dealt. Player receives 4 and 3 for a hand value of 7; Banker receives J and A for a hand value of 1. Player stands and a third card is automatically dealt to the Banker which is 6. The final hand value of Banker becomes 7. It’s a tie.
- You place a bet of RS 5,000 on Player. Cards are dealt. Player receives Queen and 3 for a hand value of 3; Banker receives 2 and 2 for a hand value of 4. A third card is dealt each to Player and Banker which is 2 and 8 respectively. The final hand value of Player is 5 and that of Banker 2. Player wins the round and you get RS 5,000 along with your bet amount.
- You place a bet of RS 1,000 on Banker and another bet of RS 500 on B-Pair. The dealer deals two cards each to Banker and Player. The Banker hand gets 2, and another 2, while the Player gets 8 and ace. Player has a natural and both hands stand. Player wins the round. So, your bet of RS 1,000 on Banker is lost. However, since you also placed a bet of RS 500 on B-Pair, you win RS 5,500 along with your bet amount of RS 500.
With this, you are all set to start your Baccarat Journey at Jeetwin! See you at the Baccarat table!