Roulette is a simple but captivating game of chance that is popular all over the world. You may hear the name roulette in casinos, but you don’t know how it works. This article will give you all the basic information about the roulette that you need to learn. After reading this you can now enter and play in any online or land-based casinos. Let’s start digging into this article now.
What is Roulette?
A gambling game where a ball fell with the number compartments onto a spinning wheel. Wherein the players have placed a bet on the number the ball would fall at. This casino game is after the French word that means little wheel. Below are the mentioned variants of the roulette wheel.
The American version of the wheel is known for its highest casino advantage, which is 5.26%. It is because of the extra green slot marked as double zero. This version has 38 numbers between 1 to 36, 0 and 00. The numbers are red or black and the 0, and 00 slots are green.
The most popular version of the roulette wheel, where it has 37 numbers from 1 to 36 and a single green zero number. The numbers are red and black and green is the 0 slot. The house edge here is significantly lower than the American version because of its underlying pockets. The European version only has a casino advantage of only 2.7%.
The French version is another variant of roulette. The game is being played on the standard European wheel with 37 sections, where numbers from 1 to 36 and 0 can be found. It has the lowest advantage of any other roulette reduced to 1.35%. It has rules that make this different from the other roulette variants such as la partage and en prison.
The roulette table is almost the same across all roulette variants. This looks like a long green board with a checkerboard of red and black numbers and some boxes inside. The numbers are arranged accordingly starting from 1,2,3 and so on. At the bottom, you can see three additional green boxes that read to 2 to 1.
The top line, which has three long boxes nearest to the red and black grid, is from 1 to 12, from 13 to 24 and from 25 to 36. Beneath there are six green boxes starting from 1 to 18, even, red, black, odd and 19 to 36.
After entering the game, the players must correctly guess the number the ball will land on before the ball falls on the wheel. Note that if the wheel is in motion, it can still make bets. Once the ball finally stops at its final resting place, the dealer will declare the end of the betting process. The game ends and the winners are being awarded and a new round starts again.
Roulette Odds and Payouts
Roulette offers many betting options for gambling, but the bets are straightforward enough. We make sure that you put the bets exactly in the right place on the table to make sure you get the correct payout. The game works well when you have insights into the odds and payouts.
Inside Bet has lower odds but offer big payouts. Below are all of the inside betting options, their odds, and payouts.
- Straight Up Bet – Winning Bet on a single number. Payout – 35:1
- Split Bet – Winning bet on 2 numbers. Place the bet on the line between two numbers. Payout – 17:1
- Street Bet – Winning bet on 3 numbers. Place chip on the outside border of three numbers. Payout – 11:1
- Corner Bet – Winning bet on 4 numbers. Place where all four numbers intersect. Payout – 8:1
- Top Line Bet – Winning bet on 5 numbers. Place chip on 5 numbers (00,0,1,2 &3) at the intersection of the dividing lines between 0 and 1. Payout – 6:1
- Line Bet – Winning bet on 6 numbers. Place chip where bet overlaps 2 different rows of numbers. Payout – 5:1
Outside Bet has the best odds but with lower payouts. Below are all the payout betting options, their odds, and payouts.
- High Low – Winning bet on a high or low number. Place chip on 19 to 36 for high and on 1 to 18 for low. Payout – 1:1
- Color Bet – Winning bet on red or black. Place a bet on red or black on the table. Payout – 1:1
- Even/Odd – Winning bet on even or odd number. Place a bet on even or odd on the table. Payout – 1:1
- Column Bet – Winning bet on a column of 12 numbers. Place a bet on the 2 to 1 area of the desired column. Payout – 2:1
- Dozen Bet – Winning bet on a particular dozen. Place a bet on your choice of either 1st dozen, 2nd dozen or 3rd dozen. Payout – 2:1
Win the Game by Knowing it
To be sure, learning the wheel, board table and odds will help you gain a better grasp of roulette. We recommend familiarizing yourself with the various payouts and the odds. After reading the basic information about roulette here in this post. Then you’ll be preparing to face the game and will now be able to welcome the game mindfully.
Visit JeetWin for more casino games and try this awesome game. Good luck with your gameplay!