Cricket is the second most popular sport in the world, with a fan following of 2.5 billion people. Fans of cricket are located across the UK, Asia, and Australia. The origins of cricket can be traced back to the 1500s in England. With the spread of the British empire, the prevalence of cricket also expanded. There are primarily three formats of cricket, the One Day Internationals, Test Matches, and Twenty20 matches. Within these formats, there are numerous matches, championships, and trophies. The popularity of cricket has made it into an in-demand sport for betting.
Betting on cricket has taken place since the 1600s. However, online gambling has made betting on cricket easier than ever before. Fans can place bets from all over the world, safely and securely on cricket. There are also plenty of betting options on virtual cricket and fantasy cricket. Gambling adds an element of thrill to traditional sports viewing.
Types of bets that can be placed on cricket are:
Basic Cricket Bets
These are bets placed on the overall outcome of the match.
- Match Bets: A match bet is the most common type of cricket bet. In a match bet, you predict which team of the two playing teams will win the match. Typically, the match is considered void if it is tied, or if all the innings are not completed.
- Tied Match: A tied match bet predicts the game will end in a void. The void may be because of a tie, or the game not completing. Also known as Draw No Bet, a tied match bet may be placed with a match bet.
- Series Winner: This type of bet is used for a series with multiple matches. For example, the 5 matches ‘The Ashes’ series. The series winner bet predicts which team will win the majority of the series matches.
- Outright Winner: An outright winner bet is used in tournaments such as the World Cup. In an outright winner bet, you predict which team will win the entire tournament. This is considered a difficult bet since there are multiple playing teams.
Cricket Team Propositions
Bets that are place on the performance of a particular team.
- Win Toss: Predict which team will win the initial game toss. In addition to predicting the winner of the toss, you can also predict what the winner will choose.
- Odd or Even Run Scores: These can place for the entire match or first innings. Predict whether the team will score an even or odd number of total runs in the match. Or will a team have an even or odd number of runs at the end of the first innings.
- Match Scores: Predict the total number of runs scored by a team by the match end. This may be through predicting a range of scores or indicating over or under a benchmark. For example, 160 to 170 runs or over 180 or under 180.
- Most Match Sixes/Run Outs: Bet which team will have the most sixes or run-outs in a match.
- Total Fours: Predict if the number of fours scored by a team will be over or under the indicated benchmark.
Cricket Player Propositions
These bets are place on the performance of a specific player.
- Top Batsman: Predict which batsman will score the maximum runs. This bet can place to predict the top batsman of a team, match, and even series. Only batters of the starting eleven are eligible.
- Team of Top Batsman: Here you bet on which team will have the top batsman. It is not necessary to identify the particular top batsman.
- Top Bowler: Bet on which bowler will take the maximum wickets. Similar to the top batsman bet, you can bet for a team, match, and series.
- Individual Bowlers Series Wickets: Bet on how many wickets a bowler will take in a particular series.
- Player Performances: These types of bets are based on the over/under number of runs a cricketer will score.
- Man of the Match: Predict which cricketer you think will win the Man of the Match award.
Cricket is one of the most widely follow and watch sports in the world. With so many fans and frequent matches, it’s a great sport to bet on. Before placing any bets, understand exactly what that bet is. Understanding the bets will help you in placing more successful bets. Always check the odds and bet on a reputed site for secure and profitable gambling.
Sign up at JeetWin! Place bets on your favorite sports today.