Spanish 21 is one of the many Blackjack variations that allows the player to win huge profits at the casino. In this game, the player must beat the dealer by getting a hand close to 21 points and they can create it with varied combinations as well. The game provides additional and more fun ways to win and enjoy this new game experience. Players who are looking for a fun twist in their regular blackjack game, this is their chance!
How to play Spanish 21?
Spanish 21 is very similar to Blackjack when it comes to betting. To start the game, the player must bet an amount which is either exactly or more than the table minimum. For example, if the table is between $10 – $100, then the minimum amount the player has to give is $10, and the maximum amount is $100. In the game of Spanish 21 however, the players have an additional way to win, which includes a Bonus 21 or a Spanish 21 Super Bonus which is only possible if the criteria of the casino are met.
Understanding the rules of the game –
- The game is generally played with 6-8 decks of cards from the continuous shuffling machine. Spanish 21 is played using a 48-card deck, sometimes the standard 52 card deck is also used if the 4 ten cards are removed. The value of all these cards is the same as blackjack.
- The dealer deals the community card for himself.
- Just like the traditional game of Blackjack, the dealer stands on number 17 and hits on number 16. In some casinos, the dealer hits on soft 17 and in some they stand on soft 17. Hitting on soft 17 may have a negative chance of winning for the player since it increases the house edge by almost 0.40%.
- Blackjack always wins and the player is given a bonus that is 3:2, no matter what cards the dealer has.
- The insurance is given which is generally 2:1, similar to Blackjack. 3 cards in a group of 12 are worth 10, which decreases the chance of the dealer hitting a Blackjack with only Ace to 25%. This means that for the insurance to be even, the amount of 3:1 needs to be paid, not 2:1. The house edge on this insurance is approximately 24.7% which is probably the worst wager provided in any casino.
Next Following Rules –
- The rest of the rules are very similar to Blackjack like standing, splitting, and hitting. DAS (doubling after splitting) is allowed in most casinos. The players are also allowed to pick up as many cards as they want after splitting the aces or doubling down.
- The players are allowed to split a maximum of 4 hands, even Aces.
- In certain casinos, if the dealer does not get a Blackjack, the players can give up the game or surrender and receive half of their original bet back. This is known as ‘Late Surrender’.
- Players may also surrender after doubling down. After this, the dealer is allowed to take the original amount of the bet and the player gets the double portion of the bet only because they are allowed to double down for an amount less than the original betting amount.
- Once the dealer deals 2 card hands, and they are showing a face or an Ace card, they can peek under the community card to check if it is Blackjack. If the dealer has Blackjack, then the players lose, unless that also has the same.
- The players are allowed to double down on any number of cards or the total.
- Certain casinos allow the players to double-double down up to 2 times after doubling down once.
- If the player has a total of 21, they win. It does not matter if the dealer has 21 or not.
Given below are the bonuses paid in the game –
- 5 card 21 pays 3:2
- 6 card 21 pays 2:1
- 7 or more card 21 pays 3:1
- 6-7-8 or 7-7-7 of mixed cards pays 3:2
- 6-7-8 or 7-7-7 of the same cards pays 2:1
- 6-7-8 or 7-7-7 of spades pays 3:1
- The players are given a ‘super bonus’ which is of $1000 for bets placed under $25, and $5000 for bets placed at $25 or more if the player gets a suited 7-7-7 against the dealers 7. The rest of the players at the table receive an ‘envy bonus’ which is $50.
The game may be very similar to that of Blackjack, but the fun twists are something that can interest new as well as experienced players.
Play blackjack or Spanish 21 here JeetWin’s platform. Get a chance to win prizes and be a winner today!